Sunday, August 9, 2009

Let's get ready!


Today after church we officially rescheduled Athena's birthday party for tomorrow night! Normally I give myself a day or two to work on the birthday cake... not this time! The kids wanted to help bake the cake. Fortunately box cakes require 3 ingredients otherwise they would have been very disappointed. The party is a pirate theme hence the pink pirate ship. Please ignore the spilt corn starch, I was working fast!
Oh a cute "PS" I must include regarding the cake... Athena's favorite cake is lemon flavor. when ever Tyler has a lemon desert of any kind he always mentions how much his grandfather would enjoy it. Grandpa Spence has quite a fondness for lemon treats! Well apparently Tyler has mentioned this story enough to leave an impression on Athena... After we made the cake Athena asked if there was cake left over if we could mail it to Grandpa Spence because "He would just love my Lemon Birthday Cake, his favorite cake is lemon you know!?" She can be so thoughtful!

No comments: