Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Another Guilty Mom Moment...

brought to you by... Of course, myself the mom. So If you follow our blog you know that back in September Athena got hurt at school and sustained a concussion. She took a while to recover and eventually after a couple of weeks we had her return back to normal activity. Unfortunately she wasn't back to normal... She seemed to have a continual upset stomach nothing that seemed to stop her too much but enough to have her complain every day and lighten her appetite. Still I didn't think too much of it because if you know Athena you know if allowed she would complain of an aliment every day especially to keep from doing something she didn't want to do. So I promised If she still had a stomach ache when she went to her 6 year well check appointment that I would mention it to the doctor! Well Today Kallista and Athena had their well check appointment. Athena has now been prescribed Prevacid to treat her "pre" Ulcer. (I apologize to all you science minded readers for my lack of correct terminology...) Apparently when you experience trauma your body can react by over producing stomach acids that can result in Ulcer like symptoms. And our poor little Athena has been living with this discomfort. I do wish she wasn't such a hypochondriac so I could believe her when she really was suffering!

No comments: