Sunday, November 22, 2009

We have a home!

Yeah, we got a place yesterday! What a test of faith to receive this latest building we will now be calling home. All week Ty and I have been looking for our new home. Every night we would get on the computer and search through all the houses, condos and apartments for rent with in a reasonable price and within a decent commute to Tyler's work...Then the following day with our map and a list of possible homes Ty and I would spend all day eliminating everything we saw, coming home every night sad, scared, frustrated and confused. What were we going to do? I even was getting upset with our lot in life of always moving. Why was it necessary for our family to constantly have our lives up heaved? Why are plenty of other people permitted to stay in one place and do good in their community there. I know we have a mission to help others in our lives but why did those people in our lives always have to change?
Wednesday night while I was wrestling with these thoughts in my prayers I felt compelled to examine more closely a picture the Spence's have hanging in their home. You may be familiar with the scene. Pioneers pulling handcarts in a snow storm. It is very bleak...!I have seen this painting in the Spence's home for about 10 years and likewise Rich and Jeanine Rutman have a copy in their home too, I believe. I had never noticed a very important detail of the story being told until that night. Next to the men pulling their carts are angels helping pull these obedient but beaten down pioneers...
I am not the first to be asked to move to fulfill my callings. I am not alone. I have my family and I have a loving Heavenly Father who offers me support and strength to continue on my journey. This renewed knowledge along with a beautiful and encouraging priesthood blessing administered by Tyler and Grandpa Spence gave me the strength to keep going when all looked impossible! Friday morning as Tyler and I called to make appointments with the landlords we had found the night before we were completely rejected. By 12 noon on Friday we had no more leads. We had checked with every listing we could afford and nothing was available. I began to say to Tyler what do we do today? We have no where else to look!? When I remember an apartment that we had looked at the day before that had 2 units that were under contract. I called and asked the receptionist if just by chance something had fallen through... IT HAD! We rushed over there and put our deposit down and started all the paper work! Then yesterday we got the key and with Tyler's brother, Nick's help we unloaded all three of our trailers and truck into our new town home! By the way all our belongings have been in those vehicles parked up the road from the Spences home in their church parking lot incurring daily rental fees! What a relief to accomplish this latest task of our move. Thank you all for your help. We know this blessing is from our Father in Heaven who loves and cares for us very much! Now we just have to take everything out of its box! :)

2 comments:

once upon a poppy said...

oh im so glad you guys found a place. i've been thinking about you wondering if you were in utah. so what city are you in?

Anne said...

Hey there! You've been busy with your move! How can you even be thinking about blog booking?! Anyway, no they don't charge you until you go to order the book. So usually it takes me a couple months to play with the book and get it together before I even pay. Good luck with everything - glad to hear you guys are back in UTAH! :)