Happy Thanks Giving to all. What a very happy day it was for us. The night before was our first night spent in our new home! We have stayed living at Grandpa and Grandma's this whole time so they could watch our kids while Ty and I try to unpack our belongings enough to make it safe for our kids to stay there with us!
We just barely got our kitchen unpacked yesterday but there is no food in it yet so there was no way we were up for making any sort of Thanksgiving meal. Luckily we live near/with family again so Grandma Spence made a beautiful spread as usual.
The kids, Athena especially loved using grandma's special glasses. She felt so sophisticated! Darius loves holiday meals. He is permitted to eat whatever he wants and in what ever order he would like to, contrary to every other meal in our household.
Athena was so excited to try the cranberry sauce she helped Grandma make the day before. She has never tried it before and was quite proud of her contribution. Unfortunately she was disappointed when she found out she doesn't like cranberry sauce. But my opinion is that it was the best sauce I have ever had, an Apple cranberry Sauce. I must get the recipe! 
I am so grateful for so many things; That we live in the most wonderful country in the world. That we have the freedoms and liberties that so many brave men and women have and are still fighting to protect. That we live in a time of so many technological advances that make life convenient and comfortable. That God has opened the minds of may great individuals to allow so many wonderful advances to our medical care. That the true and living church of our Savior Jesus Christ is once again upon the earth and I am able to raise my children with that knowledge. That I have a smart and loving husband who honors his role as a servant of the Lord by being a worthy Priesthood holder as well as his role as husband and father. That we have 4 smart, beautiful and healthy children. My blessings are countless and I will be forever in debt to my creator for all that I have and all I have yet to receive. I shall try my hardest to give all of myself through service to others. That I may show my appreciation. I hope all can see their blessing this special day of thanks.
The kids just played all day while dinner was being prepared. Here's Athena in Grandma's dress up. Athena then had Grandpa try the wig on to "see what he would look like with hair"! He just loves having the kids around!
Unfortunately we did get a bit of a scare today. What holiday with family would be complete without an injured child? After dinner the kids went down stairs in the basement to play. Apparently they thought jumping off the stairs onto a beanbag at the bottom would be absolutely thrilling. Well actually Tyler said it is fun. He told me later he use to do a similar thing at Grandpa and Grandma Spence's home in California when he was young. Something about a pole people would jump and grab. Tyler blames Uncle Justin being a bad influence!Anyway we had no idea what they were doing until... I heard a huge thud and then the worst scream I have heard from one of my children. We knew it was bad immediately and Ty and I bolted for the basement without hesitation. Sure enough Athena was laying on the bean bag at the bottom of the steps screaming, not even crying, just screaming. Tyler assessed her injuries and concluded she was safe from permanent damage. Grandma was able to stop her tears with an extra helping of apple pie, Grandma knows best! She was really shaken up and will have difficulty moving for days but all is well, if you don't count my heart from the extreme shock I experiences! (In this picture Tyler is standing where Athena jumped from.)
2 comments:
Okay, so definitely time to post an update. I am glad that you are getting settled. Moving is tough. It took me a couple of years to adjust to Idaho after we moved here eight and a half years ago. I can now say this feels like home. Let us know how things are going.
I love the picture of Grandpa...believe it or not, I do remember him with hair!! Not quite that much though.
Post a Comment