My New Years Resolution...Isn't this simply stunning? I wish I could say this photo is of an amazing meal I recently created. Unfortunately ever since we moved to Utah my culinary expertise has equalled to about nothing. Every time we have moved I have experienced minor disrupts in the kitchen, the ingredient's properties changing in the move, stove and oven cooking differently and becoming accustomed to different moisture contents in the air. But I have never been at such a high altitude. (Well when we were first married we did live here in UT for about 6 months but Tyler and I lived off a case of refried beans, nothing affected by the cook's skills) I have turned into a unpredictable, cranky, disappointing cook! And even worse are my subjects. My poor family has suffered immensely through this, hopefully temporary obstacle. Many a meals have been accompanied with tears and questions. "What is wrong with this?" "What else can we eat?" What happened to you? You were the best cook?" "Can I just have more broccoli instead?" Tyler and I have done some research on how to adjust cooking for high altitudes. My recipes are beginning to be covered with post-it-notes with my alternations. So my new year's resolution is to resume the role of shinning cook once again! My family is in desperate need of a speedy result!
No comments:
Post a Comment