Monday, February 8, 2010

Temples and Toilets

Today Tyler had the day off from work so I was scheduled to volunteer to clean our local temple, Oquirrh Mountain Temple. The same exact temple we took our kids to the open house of back in July of '09. Never thinking that we would live here in UT and would be living in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple district. I had never had this wonderful opportunity before. What an amazing time! I was assigned to clean some of the bathrooms, there are 17 bathrooms at this temple. I loved cleaning and helping to beautify our Lords home. I was not expecting have such a spiritual time this morning. The Temple is so peaceful and so calming. After our work was completed we were invited to spend some personal time meditating. I love the love I feel from my Savor in the Temple. I definitely will volunteer for this experience whenever I have the opportunity!

2 comments:

CB said...

That is so neat! I have never done that but somehow the thought of cleaning toilets in the Temple does not sound so bad. Everything is already so clean at the Temple and so peaceful!
I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience.

Jeannine said...

That is awesome Alexis. i wish we lived closer so we could do that. I have always wanted to sit in the chapel and play the organ.