I know our commercial, hormone fed, mas produced, store bought eggs had no future as living breathing chickens but if they could we would have ourselves twins today! The first egg I opened this morning was a double yoke! I had never seen that before so I was so excited to show it to the kids. They were far less impressed! I suppose I am easily amused now a days!

Now for the "skinny" jeans being modeled here by our ever camera ready 6 year old!

For about 2 months now Athena has had only one pair of jeans to wear. She has outgrown all her jeans we bought last year and as the oldest doesn't have a box in storage awaiting her new size. (I would love to report that she is getting so big I can't keep up but instead our 6 1/2 year old is moving out of her size 5 jeans into a size 6!)

She hates wearing jeans so much and because we have been short on spending money she has been so happy with us not replenishing her closet! She has been wearing tights and some old dresses that are getting a little to short. She has been lucky we don't leave the house but maybe twice a week. Because one of our house rules is jeans must be worn when we go out. (during the cold weather only)

For Christmas my girlfriend Lacey gave us some gift cards and one was to Old Navy. About a month ago we took her to Old Navy and let her pick out the jeans she "hated" the least! And finally today because her one pair of blue jeans were dirty and there was a prospect of going out side to play she broke down and was willing to wear her new jeans. (
Patience is
definitely required to work with Athena!) And we think they are fabulous! After catching her admiring herself in the refection of some furniture we believe she likes how they look too. She made friends with a neighborhood boy yesterday that she mentioned she was eager to show him her new pants! "Watch out boys, here she comes!"
2 comments:
LOVE the skinny jeans. i couldn't afford any either, but my sister-in-law gave me some designer jeans. i think i've looked in the reflections of the furniture too. me and athena are twins!
Athena mentioned to me her jeans would look better if the seams had rhinestones along then.
Post a Comment