
At church on Fast Sundays even though I always enjoy listening too little children take advantage of an open microphone I have never encouraged my own children to go to the front of the congregation and share their testimonies. I have made this choice after some thought and concluded I wanted my children to be moved by the spirit of God in a way that they would come to their own personal desire to publicly share their testimony of Jesus Christ. Now I am not declaring that this is the only and correct way to mold your children's desire to share their testimony just how Tyler and I like to do things... Today my "plan" worked! After about 2 people had bore their testimony Athena whispered to me if she could take a turn. I said of course she could. She sat there for a minute longer listening to the next member share their thoughts then she asked me what she should say. I told her one of the reasons we have this testimony meeting once a month is to give us the opportunity to let others know what the Holy Ghost taught us personally about Jesus Christ and his only true church. She decided then that she was ready to share... It was amazing I wish I had it recorded! If you have heard children speak before in church then you have heard nothing like Athena! At 6 years old this young lady stood up and in an extremely controlled volume and pitch (very
un-child like!) and proclaimed that she knows God lives, that Jesus is his Son and he died for us. Then she told of the return of his gospel to the earth through revelation to the prophet Joseph Smith by describing a number of visions he beheld. She then concluded with a statement of love for this knowledge and her family! I was blown away, what a beautiful spirit. My prayer is that Tyler and I can help continue to nurture her spirit in a manner pleasing to God! Thank you Athena, we are so blessed to have you in our family!
1 comment:
Well, I already had my makeup on but now after reading this entry I will have to reapply. :) You will never know how it makes one feel to know that your children have such strong convictions. thanks for sharing. I guess you kinda got the picture when you guys heard this huh. That is soo cool. I luv you guys. Luv, Grandma Rutman
Post a Comment