Thursday, May 27, 2010

Invasion...?

I woke up this morning a few minutes prior to my alarm going off to a burst of orange light coming in through our blinds. At first I thought it was a vehicle shining it's lights in my window before I recalled our current home has the master bedroom facing away from the street. I jumped out of bed and opened the blinds to see the sun rising up behind the mountains turning the whole sky a brilliant orange. As Tyler popped out our screen window and I grabbed the camera the sun had moved just enough to dull it's brilliant cast! I then felt pretty lucky to witness such a stunning moment in nature that I am sure other individuals were not even awake yet to witness...5:30 am!

I only wish I could have captured it for others to see. At least I can say there can be some advantages to having an eastern facing window with no curtains on my side of bed every morning!

No comments: