Thursday, June 10, 2010

Here we go again...

Well we have already encountered car problems and illness ( which I am still not recovered from!) I guess it is now time to fall victim to a crime! This morning I was awoken about 5:30am to a knock on my Mother's front door... It was a fine member of the Sheriff's department informing me that my truck was one of a number of vehicles hit by a couple of robbers! Luckily they did not have to do any damage to get in the truck due to the fact that last night I fell asleep fully clothed including my car keys in my jean pocket. I suppose I was lucky enough to roll on my key fob and unlock the car.

The criminals did break the latch of our center consul looking for goods and they totally trashed the place. They emptied my diaper bag, center consul and glove box. But they were probably disappointed to only get off with a couple of flash lights and an umbrella! What a waste of a crime! I currently have to drive around with my purse holding down the door of the center consul but I believe it to be an easy fix and there is a guy in my mom's ward who works for GM who can get me the part so not bad for today's set back! I'll laugh looking back, right?

PS. My mom is still doing great and her husband, Michael is recovering in the hospital with a scheduled transfer to a rehabilitation center in a couple of days! They are both on the right path!

1 comment:

RichRutman said...

Yeah! for the Sheriff. We always have the coolest looking cars.