Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lowe's

Proceed with caution, this is a poop story... I have always preferred Home Depot over Lowe's. They seem to have a bigger selection and better prices. But today I found a new place in my heart for our neighborhood Lowe's...
Last night for dinner I treated myself to a red bell pepper hummus. I never get hummus because I am the only one who likes it. It was fabulous! I enjoyed it so much I probably took in way more then I should have. My stomach was definitely overfilled by the time I went to bed and was sure I would have to use the restroom very soon. But to my surprise I never woke up all night long. Then this morning still a little weary of where all that hummus might be I woke up about 5 minutes earlier then usual and sat on the toilet to make sure I would be comfortable for my morning jog. Still nothing happened and I felt fine so I took off. At about 6:30 am and 2 miles away from home it hit me. I had to get to a toilet immediately! Unfortunately it was 6:30 am and I was 2 miles from home! I was fast approaching the shopping center I run through and hoped I could find a business that would be open at this hour. So even though it was 40 degrees outside and a weekday, Lowe's I learned, is open at 6 am! So with butt cheeks clenched I entered this completely empty warehouse to find the nearest restroom. Of course it is conveniently located in the back of the store. So as it is a weekday and cold outside and 6:30 am you could imagine that every signal employee there this morning was more then eager to run to my side and ask to assist me as I tried to make my way to the rest room. After explaining the purpose for my visit to 4 different red vested employees I found what I so desperately needed! But there was one more obstacle. One male worker had the women's restroom door propped open while he was cleaning and restocking. I had to then ask him to kindly leave, immediately. He felt it necessary to pack up his supplies first so I assisted him loading up his cart to get him out the door. After he strolled on out I was able to get to a toilet without a moment to spare! After I completed my task and felt worlds better, I was able to let the man who stood outside the door of the restroom back in and bid farewell to him and the other half a dozen workers who attempted to help me on my way out of the store! So a few lessons were learned today... 1. No more Hummus before I go running. 2. Be grateful for Lowe's keeping such stupid hours. 3. When I come across a disgruntled employee of a public business who does not employ specific custodial workers, to cut them some slack, they might have just had bathroom duty after a stray jogger!
PS. Uncle Justin, I was thinking of you the whole time!

2 comments:

Jeannine said...

I have had a similar experience only I found my relief if a park restroom! Nothing ever felt so good!

Michael / Katherine said...

Yeah for Lowes. Love that hummus! did you know I make my own hummus now?